The natural insecticides recipe below, is a fairly simple to make and extremely effective against flies, it will kill them quite quickly.
This fly recipe is non toxic to us humans, which is always a handy thing to know, when your making these natural homemade formulas.
The active ingredient is extracts from the Quassia wood or bark, which act as a natural insecticide
Ingredients you need to have on hand, using this formula to kill flies, are listed below
- Quassia wood 1 Cup
- Molasses 3 Tablespoons
- Alcohol 1 Tablespoon
- Water 41/2 Cups
- Absorbent Paper towels
- Soak the Quassia wood in 2 Cups of water for 24 hours to soften.
- Boil for half an hour, then set it aside for a further 24 hours.
- Then squeeze out the liquid from the Quassia wood.
- Without filtering, mix this liquid with the molasses, and the alcohol, then add the remaining 21/2 Cups of water.
- Saturate some absorbent paper into it
- Place the paper in a shallow dish, with a little of the mixture to slightly pool.
- Then place the dish where you want the flies to be attracted to, and allow them to drink some of the fluid, then say, Bye Bye to them
You then need only to top up with liquid every so often, and replace the paper if too many flies are dead in the mixture.
This is a great Natural Insecticides formula that is both inexpensive, effective, and Organic.